7 Ways To Spring Clean Your Body & Mind Spring
Spring is finally here!
The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming,
…and everything feels fresh and new.
It’s the perfect time to let go of things that no longer serve you
In order to prepare for a summer full of adventure.
In spring we see the trees shedding their dead leaves
…and slowly coming back to life after winter.
The temperature rises as nature begins to bloom again
Showing us that it’s time for rebirth and renewal.
Let’s clean out our closets, wash away our worries and get ready for the fun that’s ahead of us!
Here are seven ways that you can spring clean your body, mind and soul this spring.
1. Go Outside
Close your eyes and flip open your fingers, palms facing the sun. Take a few minutes to enjoy the warmth of the sun on your face as well as other body parts, such as your neck, shoulders, arms, and hands. You’ll be getting some much needed vitamin D.
Focus on how it feels to absorb this energy from the sky. This is what we call “grounding” or “earthing”—a practice that links us with Mother Earth in its purest form. Once you’ve been outside for a minute or two (or longer if you’d like), take some deep breaths and return to your day feeling lighter, happier, more awake and ready for anything that gets thrown at you!
2. Turbo Boost Your Health
To make the most of our time here on earth, it helps if we’re fully energised. Here are a few items that can help you turbo boost your health this spring.
- Make sure that you consume enough Magnesium, ideally before bedtime will help your health in a myriad of ways. Not least, boosting quality of sleep, enhancing cardiovascular health and tissue repair. The best time to take Magnesium is just before bedtime.
- One thing that really helps boost energy is making sure that your nutrient reserves are full. This might look like taking a multivitamin or consuming a daily superfood smoothie. The best time to consume a superfood smoothie is first thing in the morning, or after exercise.
- To keep you calm during the day, why not add CBD to your daily routine. Stress can be overwhelming, or even debilitating. So why not help your nervous system by soothing it with CBD.
- There is more and more evidence coming out that tells us how our gut impacts all areas of our lives. To have a healthy gut, it’s important that we feed the good bacteria and starve off the bad. This can be done by taking a pre and probiotic. You’d be surprised how much this can change your life for the better.
3. Move More
If you’re feeling ready to do more, why not try going for a walk after dinner? Or get up earlier in the morning and do a workout. Make sure you don’t push yourself too hard too soon. It’s important to listen to your body, so if you feel muscle soreness or fatigue, stop what you are doing and rest until those symptoms go away. A magnesium cream can help ease tense muscles.
Don’t forget to stretch before and after each workout session. And make sure that you stay hydrated throughout! It’s better that you do exercise that makes you feel energised. So why not start with a 20 minute walk/jog? Or a light 15 min yoga routine. If you feel like you want to do more after you workout, that’s great. That means that you’ll be eager to get back at it the next day.
4. Cleanse Your Space & Mind
Do you have a cluttered space that’s been filled to the brim with unnecessary items? Do those things in your purse and wallet make you feel anxious, frustrated, or weighed down? Is clutter the reason why you don’t feel like going out and being social with your friends because it just makes you uncomfortable? Clutter is not functional; no matter how cool an item might look on Instagram.
Maybe it’s time to get rid of some of these things. What’s more you could make some money in the process. The best way to get rid of clutter is to clean out all the unnecessary stuff. Everything in our purses, wallets, drawers, closets, and cars must be functional: we need to be able to carry it all without getting bogged down. You shouldn’t be stuck owning something that you’ve used once or twice a year because you don’t know what else to do with it.
5. Make The Most Of Meal Times
Instead of skipping breakfast or grabbing lunch on the go, set a timer for 20 minutes to eat slowly and savour each bite. Eating slowly soothes your nervous system and helps you absorb nutrients better.
When we rush our food, we tend to overeat, miss out on nutrients and deprive ourselves of the pleasure that eating is meant to be. Eating slower can help you shed weight as well: studies show that eating slowly at mealtime makes you feel more satisfied with less food.
6. Upgrade Your Kitchen Cupboards
Upgrading your kitchen cupboards to include plant-based proteins, fruits and vegetables packed with antioxidants and healthy fats such as olive oil, avocado, hemp, or coconut oil will give you energy without any sugar crash. Eliminate the foods that make you feel sluggish like simple carbs, processed sugars and refined grains.
If you completely clean out your cupboards, you’ll feel organised. Then why not go through the products you have that may not be healthy, throw them out or give them away to a food bank. Perhaps head over to Pinterest and get some ideas for how your new healthy kitchen cupboards might look.
7. Focus on YOU
- Take a daily affirmation or mantra and keep it close by. Why not write it on sticky notes, put it on your phone lock screen or set an alarm to ring at certain times of the day. Reminding you to be present in the moment.
- Be positive. When things don’t go according to plan, step back for a moment. Find the good in that situation and move forward with positivity.
- Focus on the now. The past has already happened and there’s nothing we can do about it. We need to learn from our mistakes, forgive ourselves and live in the present moment. This is where we have control over our actions and reactions. There’s no point worrying too much about what could happen in the future as this will just add stress into our lives for something that may not even happen!
- Practice gratitude every day. This can be done through journaling, meditation or simply just having a think about how lucky you are compared to others who may not have access to such things as food and water like we so often take for granted. No matter how big or small your problems are compared to others around the world they are still very much important and worth overcoming. But focusing on what we already have helps us bring ourselves back into reality without getting caught up in circumstances beyond our control!
The Bottom Line
The past two years have been hard, and the perfect remedy is to take full responsibility for your health and wellbeing. You’ll be surprised by how changing a few lifestyle routines can impact your life for the better. Why not try a few of these ideas this week and see how your life will become much more fulfilling. Then next week, tweak this plan and focus on another area. Cleansing out your old habits and forming new ones is perfect for everyone at this time of year. Supplements and superfoods when added into the mix can make the transformational process much faster and easier.